Thank you for your interest in joining the Houma Police Department. This section provides qualification criteria
necessary for candidates seeking the position of Police Officer.
It includes an overview of the recruitment process and information about salary and benefits.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age.
- Applicant must be able to obtain a valid Louisiana Driver’s License.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or have acquired a high school equivalency certificate (GED).
- Applicant must successfully pass the Municipal Fire
and Police Municipal Civil Service Police Officer Entrance Level Examination.
- Applicant must be of good character and free of criminal record. An in-depth background check will be conducted.
- If a veteran, applicant must have been honorably discharged.
Salary and Benefits
- Base Salary: $33,000 - $40,000
- Paid Holidays and Annual/Military Leave
- Uniform Maintenance Allowance
- College Incentive Pay
- Retirement Pension Package
- Excellent Health Care Benefits
- Take-home unit assignment/privileges
- Extra/Off-duty detail work
- Paid POST Academy
- Paid Uniform and Equipment
- Applicants must successfully pass the Municipal Fire and Police
Civil Service Police Officer Entrance Level Examination with a minimum score of 75%, to be placed on the employment eligibility list.
- Applicants must complete a thorough background check, criminal history and pre-employment packet.
- All applicants are screened using the following:
- Physical Agility Test
- Oral Interview
- Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Exam
including drug screening
- Applications for the Civil Service examination are accepted for a thirty-day period prior to scheduled tests only. The scheduled
tests are advertised via local newspaper. The time, date, etc., applications are accepted will be listed in the advertisement.
For more information, schedule an appointment with
Recruiting Officer SGT Kyle Faulk
The Houma Police Department is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer